Friday, August 7, 2026

Psalm 142:1-3 Part 2 of 2

I cry out to the LORD;
    I plead for the LORD's mercy.
I pour out my complaints before him
    and tell him all my troubles.
When I am overwhelmed,
    you alone know the way I should turn.
Wherever I go,
    my enemies have set traps for me. 
     
When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn.
Psalm 6:2
Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak.
    Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.  (see all Psalm 6)
Psalm 77:3  
I think of God, and I moan,
    overwhelmed with longing for his help.  (see all Psalm 77)
Psalm 143:4  
I am losing all hope;
    I am paralyzed with fear.
Psalm 143:7  
Come quickly, LORD, and answer me,
    for my depression deepens.
Don't turn away from me,
    or I will die.  (see all Psalm 143)
Jeremiah 8:18  
My grief is beyond healing;
    my heart is broken.  (see all Jeremiah 8)
Lamentations 1:22  
"Look at all their evil deeds, LORD.
    Punish them
as you have punished me
    for all my sins.
My groans are many, and I am sick at heart."  (see all Lamentations)
 
Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.  
Psalm 140:5  
The proud have set a trap to catch me;
    they have stretched out a net;
    they have placed traps all along the way.  (see all Psalm 140)
Matthew 22:15  
Then the Pharisees met together to plot how to trap Jesus into saying something for which he could be arrested.  (see Matthew 21:23-22:22)
Luke 21:34-35  
    "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth."  
(see Luke 21:25-36)
1 Timothy 6:9  
    But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction.  
(see all 1 Timothy 6)
2 Timothy 2:26  
Then they will come to their senses and escape the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.  (see all 2 Timothy 2) 
     
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. Limited to 15 verses per post. 
  

No comments: