I look for someone to come and help me,
but no one gives me a passing thought!
No one will help me;
no one cares a bit what happens to me.
Then I pray to you, O LORD.
I say, "You are my place of refuge.
You are all I really want in life."
I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me.
Psalm 88:8-9
You have driven my friends away
by making me repulsive to them.
I am in a trap with no way of escape.
My eyes are blinded by my tears.
Each day I beg for your help, O LORD;
I lift my hands to you for mercy. (see all Psalm 88)
Psalm 107:11-12
They rebelled against the words of God,
scorning the counsel of the Most High.
That is why he broke them with hard labor;
they fell and no one was there to help them. (see all Psalm 107)
Jeremiah 8:22
Is there no medicine in Gilead?
Is there no physician there?
Why is there no healing
for the wounds of my people? (see all Jeremiah 8)
Jeremiah 30:17
"I will give you back your health
and heal your wounds." says the LORD.
"For you are called an outcast--
'Jerusalem for whom no one cares.' " (see all Jeremiah 30)
Jeremiah 33:5
"You expect to fight the Babylonians, but the men of this city are already as good as dead, for I have determined to destroy them in my terrible anger. I have abandoned them because of all their wickedness." (see all Jeremiah 33)
Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life."
Psalm 91:2
This I declare about the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God and I trust him.
Psalm 91:9-10
If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home. (see all Psalm 91)
2 Samuel 22:3
"... my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
the one who saves me from violence." (see all 2 Samuel 22)
Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
that all who love your name may be filled with joy. (see all Psalm 5)
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! (see all Psalm 34)
(parentheses are mine) Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living
Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois
60188. All rights reserved. Limited to 15 verses per post.
No comments:
Post a Comment