Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Psalm 139:21-24 Part 2 of 2

O LORD, shouldn't I hate those who hate you?
    Shouldn't I despise those who oppose you?
Yes, I hate them with total hatred,
    for your enemies are my enemies. 
 
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
    and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 
     
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Psalm 26:2  
Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me.
    Test my motives and my heart.  (see all Psalm 26)
Job 31:6  
"Let God weigh me on the scales of justice,
    for he knows my integrity."  (see all Job 31)
1 Samuel 16:7  
    But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."  
(see 1 Samuel 16:1-13)
Psalm 7:9  
End the evil of those who are wicked,
    and defend the righteous.
For you look deep within the mind and heart,
    O righteous God.  (see all Psalm 7)
Proverbs 17:3  
Fire tests the purity of silver and gold,
    but the LORD tests the heart.
Revelation 2:23  
"I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches out the thoughts and intentions of every person. And I will give to each of you whatever you deserve."  (see Revelation 2:18-29)
 
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.  
Psalm 5:8  
Lead me in the right path, O LORD,
    or my enemies will conquer me.
Make your way plain for me to follow.  (see all Psalm 5)
Psalm 23:2  
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.  (see all Psalm 23)
Psalm 143:10  
Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
    on a firm footing.  (see all Psalm 143)
Psalm 16:11  
You will show me the way of life,
    granting me the joy of your presence
    and the pleasures of living with you forever.  (see all Psalm 16)
Psalm 1:6  
For the LORD watches over the path of the godly,
    but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.  (see all Psalm 1) 
     
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. Limited to 15 verses per post.
    

No comments: