Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Psalm 143:11-12 Part 4 of 4

For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life.
    Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
    and destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant. 
 
... for I am your servant.
Psalm 31:16
Let your favor shine on your servant.
    In your unfailing love, rescue me.  [see all Psalm 31]
Psalm 116:16  
O LORD, I am your servant;
    yes, I am your servant, born into your household;
    you have freed me from my chains.  [see all Psalm 116]
Leviticus 25:55  
"For the people of Israel belong to me. They are my servants, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God."  [see Leviticus 25:35-55]
1 Samuel 3:10  
    And the LORD came and called as before, "Samuel! Samuel!"
    And Samuel replied, "Speak, your servant is listening."  
    [see all 1 Samuel 3]
Job 1:8  
    Then the LORD asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless--a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil."  [see all Job 1]
Isaiah 65:8  
"But I will not destroy them all,"
    says the LORD.
"For just as good grapes are found among a cluster of bad ones
    (and someone will say, 'Don't throw them all away--
    some of those grapes are good!'),
so I will not destroy all Israel.
    For I still have true servants there."  [see all Isaiah 65]
Matthew 20:26-27  
"But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave."  [see Matthew 20:20-28] 
Luke 17:10  
"In the same way, when you obey me you should say, 'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.' "  [see Luke 17:1-10] 
Luke 22:26  
"But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant."  
[see Luke 22:7-30]
John 12:26  
"Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."  
[see John 12:20-36]
1 Timothy 4:6  
If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed.  [see all 1 Timothy 4] 
 
[brackets are mine]
 
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. Limited to 15 verses per post. 
  

No comments: